Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Crosses and the fashion statement

      Normally I try and open my mind to any and almost all fashion statement, But I just cant open my mind to The Cross Culture. I know most people don't think much towards it and might see it at H&M, Wet Seal, or Forever 21. You might pick it up and say "this seams edgy" or "I saw this on so and so and they look great", but honestly it doesn't. Im very sorry, but I feel turning a religious symbol into a fashion statement is a little rude.
     I get people feel that crosses are the new broken hearts or angel wings, but do you really feel the need to take something that people feel spirituality close to and wear it to show your on edge or just to follow along. I promise not to go on a rant about how so and so died for our sins. So ill cut to the point people feel close to crosses (not saying one religion specific). I will not call you out for it and I wont judge completely for wearing them I just hope someone will read this and maybe think about the statement crosses give off and maybe decide to not follow along with this trend

2 comments: